Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Logic 9 "Bounce in Place" allow hardware I/O inserts?

Does Logic 9 "Bounce in Place" allow hardware I/O inserts to be included in the bounce?

In other words, is there a realtime bounce option that will include the realtime hardware processing applied through the Logic "Helper - > I/O" plugin?

Also, is there an additional freeze option that will allow realtime freezing of tracks processed by hardware inserts on the channel strip?

Thanks...!

G5 Quad, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Aug 9, 2009 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2009 10:04 PM

No it doesn't. It also cannot do it in realtime, which would be a requirement of such a feature to work correctly any way.
You have to do it the old 'Bounce and add to bin' in realtime method.
12 replies

Aug 10, 2009 1:06 AM in response to mattrixx

mattrixx wrote:
No it doesn't. It also cannot do it in realtime, which would be a requirement of such a feature to work correctly any way.
You have to do it the old 'Bounce and add to bin' in realtime method.

bounce in place is a solution to those who do not have the hardware to do it, it enables users to bounce a virtual instrument, track with effects, several tracks in a group as in loops or whatever into a new track with out external hardware capable of playing back into a a live rec enabled (muted) temp track to capture a performance of the tracks or track played back.

bounce in place saves tons of time

Aug 10, 2009 5:28 AM in response to mattrixx

Hi, it's seems it's possible, I can't try it cause I don't have Logic 9, but in the doc I read:

"When bouncing in place, the audio file format of the bounce (sample rate and resolution) is determined by your audio recording settings, and the bounce file is created in the current recording folder. The bounce process is usually performed offline, but Logic Pro automatically switches to real-time bouncing whenever necessary. (When there is external gear involved, the External Instrument or I/O plug-in is used.)"

So, when you bounce in place with the I/O plug inserted, Logic should normally switches to realtime bouncing.

Aug 10, 2009 9:39 AM in response to zmix

zmix wrote:
Thanks for the simple 'no' answer.

I am aware of all the suitable workarounds, just curious to know if Apple addressed this one yet.

its not a apple problem or one at all, its how audio engineering works, bounce is a technic used in multitrack recording since tape when tracks where limited, Pro Tools can do what you want to decent hardware as i said.

Aug 10, 2009 2:26 PM in response to Logic Pro

Logic pro. Mmmmm you've drifted off topic again. The point was about whether logic included external hardware for the bounce in place function, which it claims to, but doesn't seem to.
Btw, protools cannot do anything in regard to external hardware that logic can't do.
We are also not discussing the virtues of track bouncing in the context of older tape methods, we are talking about Bounce in place. A very different tool for a very different issue.

Does Logic 9 "Bounce in Place" allow hardware I/O inserts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.