Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How in the heck do I send a logic file to a friend to work on?

How in the heck do I record a track (or a few tracks) on Logic Express then send to other musicians (one using GB, the other using Logic Express) to collaborate on and then have them send me back their work so I can mix it?

I have yet to find a service that recognizes the native logic file... does it need to be compressed or altered in some way before I can send it?

Also, is the guy using GB going to have any problems?

Thanks!

@jayincalgary

iMac Duo Core, Mac OS X (10.4.5)

Posted on Aug 11, 2009 7:14 PM

5 replies

Aug 13, 2009 10:02 AM in response to cre8ivjay

Since no-one's answered this I'll try to explain in as brief and simple a way as possible, since there are a few alternatives.

Firstly, you can't open a Logic file in Garageband so you'll have to make sure that any Software Instrument files are bounced to audio - also make sure that all your track files are the full length of the song starting at bar 1.1.1. even if there's a lot of silence on any track (because the parts would need to be re-aligned to start at the correct time otherwise). If you have all your files like this (aif or wav) they can be dragged into the arrange window at bar 1.1.1 in both Logic and GB. If you put them in a folder and zip the folder it should be OK to transfer. If you were only dealing with Logic, its usual to send the whole project folder with all the assets (audio files, samples and settings for Logic instruments and the instruments themselves if necessary) but in your case you'll just have to work from the audio files - it shouldn't be too much of a problem though.

How in the heck do I send a logic file to a friend to work on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.