13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2009 5:18 AM by Barney-15E
BrianH Level 4 Level 4
I have a process called FlipShareAutoRun that keeps running on my system.

I can force quit the process and it automatically restarts. I don't use a Flip video device anymore. I looked at my login items and it's not listed there anymore. I tried to start Flip software and look at prefs but it isn't set to load on startup.

How do I get rid of this process for good?

 Unibody MBP 15" 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.6), iPhone 3G
Reply by Daniel Ebeck on Aug 12, 2009 2:17 AM Helpful
It's probably buried a few files deep in the System somewhere. Your best bet is to see if there's an uninstaller, the option may be in the regular installer. If there isn't you could try looking in:/Library/StartupItems~/Library/StartupItems/System/Library/StartupItems/System/Library/LaunchAgents/System/Library/LaunchDaemons

All replies

• Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.safari
    Safari
    HI Brian,

Try using Activity Monitor application. (Applications/Utilities).

I tried Google for that file name and it returned hits for, "Wakoopa" software?? It's a Desktop tracker for games ...

Carolyn

Message was edited by: Carolyn Samit
  • Daniel Ebeck Level 4 Level 4
    It's probably buried a few files deep in the System somewhere. Your best bet is to see if there's an uninstaller, the option may be in the regular installer. If there isn't you could try looking in:
    /Library/StartupItems
    ~/Library/StartupItems
    /System/Library/StartupItems
    /System/Library/LaunchAgents
    /System/Library/LaunchDaemons
  • BrianH Level 4 Level 4
    Hi Carolyn,

I am using the Activity Monitor to force quit the process. That's how i knew it was running in the first place. and I already know what it's from. the FlipShare software that's included with the Flip Mino video recorder. it's suppose to load the FlipShare software when it's connected. I no longer have a Flip and don't want this process running any longer.
  • BrianH Level 4 Level 4
    That's what i was thinking.

unfortunately i looked in all those folders and can't find anything. and the installer doesn't seem to have a uninstall
    expertise.safari
    Safari
    You probably tried this but did you try to do a search for the file using Spotlight?

• BrianH Level 4 Level 4
    yep.. no luck
    expertise.safari
    Safari
    You could back up your important files and do an Archive and Install.

Aloha!

• Daniel Ebeck Level 4 Level 4
    Have you contacted the developer to ask for an uninstaller or a list of file locations?
  • BrianH Level 4 Level 4
    Ah Ha!!!!! I found it...

I looked in the Application Support folder and found the Pure Digital Technologies (which is the company software for Flip) and they had a uninstaller tucked in there along with the autorun file. I ran the unistall (which deleted the flipshareautorun file... and rebooted. all is good.
  • Bobsax Level 1 Level 1
    expertise.ilife
    iLife
    I have the same thing but I'm still using the flipshare software to convert the files to Mov for export to iMovie.
    I guess I need to leave it?
    Anybody know what it does?
    I'm assuming it needs to run all the time so that when you plug in the camera it knows to open the FlipShare app.?
  • Barney-15E Level 8 Level 8
    You missed a couple, and if they put it in the /System folder…doh.

~/Library/LaunchAgents
    ~/Library/LaunchDaemons
    /Library/LaunchAgents
    /Library/LaunchDaemons
  • Bobsax Level 1 Level 1
    expertise.ilife
    iLife
    Barney-15E wrote:
    You missed a couple, and if they put it in the /System folder…doh.

~/Library/LaunchAgents
    ~/Library/LaunchDaemons
    /Library/LaunchAgents
    /Library/LaunchDaemons

?? not quite sure what you're referring to but I assume the original posters solution??

Message was edited by: Bobsax
  • Barney-15E Level 8 Level 8
    I'm referring to Daniel's list of locations to check. It was incomplete and nobody but Apple should put anything in the System folder.