Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Can I print a Mail message without multiple recipient names?

Is there a way to print a Mail message without having also to print the dozens of recipients, where that's the case? I can't see an obvious way, but I'm sure I used to be able to do this. I'd be grateful if anyone knows how.

iMac 24-inch, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Aug 12, 2009 9:45 AM in response to nigmia In response to nigmia

HI,

Go here and download this utility. Print Selection 1.1

"You can select text and graphics in any cocoa application (safari, mail.app, etc.), go to the services menu and go to "Print Selection" and the selected stuff will be printed."

Carolyn 🙂

Aug 12, 2009 9:45 AM

Reply Helpful

Aug 12, 2009 9:54 AM in response to nigmia In response to nigmia

Thanks for the replies.

Golden: The names of the recipients I want to avoid printing are in the To: field. So there's no way I can do this?

Carolyn: I had a look at the link you gave to Print Selection 1.1, but the comments there at Version Tracker made me nervous. Have you actually tried it?

Aug 12, 2009 9:54 AM

Reply Helpful

Aug 12, 2009 10:01 AM in response to nigmia In response to nigmia

The names of the recipients I want to avoid printing are in the To: field. So there's no way I can do this?

Not through Mail. If you use an external route such as Print Selection, that would work, but I don't know whether or not it works on 10.5.x. You'd have to try it to find out.

Aug 12, 2009 10:01 AM

Reply Helpful

Aug 12, 2009 10:03 AM in response to nigmia In response to nigmia

You could hit "Reply" and only the original sender's name will appear in the quoted text. Then print the email without sending it. I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I've had to do this a bunch of times when senders send to 100s of people and I need to print.

Aug 12, 2009 10:03 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: nigmia

Question: Can I print a Mail message without multiple recipient names?