Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Address Book can't sync with Google

Hi,

I've been trying to sync my contacts with Google Contacts for the past two days, but I can't seem to make it work. It keeps saying "Incorrect Account or Password", but it actually doesn't even connect to Google (I used Cocoa Packet Analyzer to sniff the traffic and no packet was sent).
If I login with a different user, however, it just works.

I've already tried deleting my Address Book preferences and application support folder, it doesn't fix it.
And BTW, when I reset Address Book and launch it, at first it's empty, but after a few seconds it automagically (don't ask me how) recover my contacts. I've got an Address Book archive on my desktop, but I presume it shouldn't be loading it without asking me, right?

Any help would be much appreciated as I'd rather not move everything to a new user account just to make syncing work. Thanks! 🙂

MacBook Pro 15" 2.4, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 12, 2009 8:17 AM

14 replies

Aug 12, 2009 9:43 AM in response to Michele F.

Hello Michele:

Welcome to Apple discussions.

I have not done it, but this from the help menu should work:

Address book>preferences>general.
Synchronize with Google
Click agree
Enter your Google account name and password and then click OK.
You can only sync one Google account
Click sync now.

All of this is from the address book help menu.

Barry

Sep 7, 2009 1:18 AM in response to Michele F.

Upgraded to Snow Leopard and I was experiencing this problem. Checking with Gmail help @ http://www.google.com/support/contactsync/, it says "If you enter your email address and password correctly, but the password isn't being accepted, try repairing your keychain". I tried to repairing my keychain twice, no problem found and the error message remains. I turned back maybe 15 mins later, guess what, it talks to google and the password accepted, now I am able to sync Address Book with Google. Hope this helpful to you!

Address Book can't sync with Google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.