Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable resource forks on nas

is possible disable resource forks on network nas with smb? I use macbook and when I save file on network nas Mac OS save a resource forks too (a file with the same name but with "._" as prefix). I used command "defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteNetworkStores true" to disable successful file .DS_Store. Exist a command for disable resource forks too?

MacBook pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 13, 2009 6:38 AM

4 replies

Aug 13, 2009 7:04 AM in response to mrt60

there is no similar terminal command to stop resource fork creation. you can use the dot-clean terminal command to summarily delete resource forks periodically (this can be automated). but i would suggest you try Blueharvest
http://www.zeroonetwenty.com/blueharvest/

another option would be to forbid resource fork creation on the smb server altogether by configuring it appropriately on the server side. i know this is possible in principle. you can try figuring out how to do it by consulting manual pages for smb.conf.

Disable resource forks on nas

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.