Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off Genius?

How do I make it so iTunes is not always updating Genius. Can't I turn it off permanently? I have a huge library and when this Genius thing starts it takes forever and iTunes is basically unresponsive.

MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.16ghz, Mac OS X (10.5.7), 4GB Ram  500gb HD

Posted on Aug 13, 2009 11:37 AM

4 replies

Sep 4, 2012 8:54 PM in response to musicmaker

Not so! I have tried just doing the same thing, but when I go to Store> the "turn off genuis" is not an option

(it shows but it's shaded out) so something is not right. I simply HATE genuis, it never chooses any songs that are similar in style and it takes up time and just plain annoying to let some computer make your mixes.

Someone please tell me why the option to turn it off or altogether ERASE it from my iTunes will not allow me to turn it off, the only thing i see I can do is go to preferences and "hide" it but I see that it still updates in the background or when I'm opening iTunes for various reasons. I don't want to hide it I want to disable it.

Thanks

Antone

How do I turn off Genius?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.