Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone's Calendar & Meeting Invitations / Requests "tentative responses"

Hi I'm the Communications Admin at my company. I’ve had several questions regarding the iPhone’s calendar and the meeting invitations and requests you get on it. What seems to be happening on the iPhone’s is that when you receive a meeting invitation from someone and it shows up on your iPhone, and then you “accept” the meeting invitation from your iPhone, it is actually replying with a “tentative” response to the meeting requestor. However when I have tested this with a few people it has not always been the same thing every time. Sometimes it’s working perfect saying that you have accepted the meeting invitation and then other times it will send back the “ tentative” response when indeed that you did “accept” it. Any one have any issues like this? or solutions?

iphone 3G and 3GS, iPhone OS 3.0

Posted on Aug 14, 2009 8:37 AM

2 replies

Aug 31, 2009 6:57 AM in response to Bryan Lyle

Same thing here. Running Exchange 2007 with current service packs. iPhones are all new 2009 3GS 16 GB models with iPhone OS 3.0.1.

Sometimes when the iPhone user accepts, the aceptance show up correctly on other user's calendars (i.e.; Outlook 2003 and Entourage 2008), but most of the time they appear as "tentative".

Removing an envent on the iPhone can only be done by pushing the "Decline" button, but this wont remove the even from the user's calendars in Outlook or Entourage.

iPhone's Calendar & Meeting Invitations / Requests "tentative responses"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.