Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone App' - won't sync, now lost after migrating iTunes to a new 'Book

Hey all,

I have an iPhone 3G and now a new MacBookPro 2.66GHz 10.5.8

I recently migrated my old 1GHz Titanium PowerBook 10.4.11(?) to the new MBP.

I had to manually move my entire iTunes music folder from the PB to an external drive and then to my MBP. Everything there, music-wise, seems to work fine.

I just hooked up the iPhone to the new MBP for the first time and there seemed to be either some authorization issues or conflicts. I'm concerned that perhaps I have purchased App's using two different accounts. iTunes stated that I would need to authorize the computer so it could back up all the App's. Then it tells me that one App' (Pirate Bay) won't backup (or sync) because it needs to be authorized on this machine. I'm wondering if I've got some App's under a different iTunes account all sync'ed to this one machine and ???

To say I'm thoroughly confused is an understatement. All this authorization crud is for the birds.

Can this forum help or is this an AppleCare issue?

Thanks!

MBP, TiBook, old iMac, iPhone G3, PB1400, PB3400

Posted on Aug 15, 2009 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2009 11:18 AM

Go to your purchase history for each of your itunes accounts and find the App.

Then you'll know what account you used. The authorize the machine for that account.

Or just authorize this machine for all itunes accounts that you have.
4 replies

Aug 16, 2009 3:26 PM in response to roaminggnome

Thank you!

Looks like I must have set up a different account with my iPhone when I got it... different than the account I've used for years with my iTunes.

Uuugh, what a mess.

Anyway to merge all this? I wonder what my best course of action is at this point?

One App' is no big deal, I just don't want to lose all my App's or music, that's for sure. For now the software(s) seem to be handling it okay but I don't like the idea of having multiple accounts, etc.

iPhone App' - won't sync, now lost after migrating iTunes to a new 'Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.