You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop a stuck copying operation?

Occasionally, a copy operation gets stuck (for instance, when I want to copy a VIDEO_TS folder from DVD, but it's encrypted).

Then, I have this little Copy window of Finder, but hitting the little 'x' does nothing.

Is there any way to make it go away?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Gabriel.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), iPhone 2G w/ 2.1 FW, iTunes 8.0.1

Posted on Aug 16, 2009 12:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2009 5:33 PM

Hello GabrielZ

Go to the menu bar and select *Apple > Force Quit* and Force Quit any failed Applications or Relaunch Finder if it has failed.

Or go to: *Applications > Utilities* and open the *Activity Monitor,* select All Processes and Quit any failed process.

It also might help to report back with more info on what you are copying and what Application failed.

Dennis
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2009 5:33 PM in response to GabrielZ

Hello GabrielZ

Go to the menu bar and select *Apple > Force Quit* and Force Quit any failed Applications or Relaunch Finder if it has failed.

Or go to: *Applications > Utilities* and open the *Activity Monitor,* select All Processes and Quit any failed process.

It also might help to report back with more info on what you are copying and what Application failed.

Dennis

Aug 17, 2009 12:38 PM in response to den.thed

Force Quit any failed Applications

there are none.

or Relaunch Finder if it has failed.

That seems to help. It's just a bit brutal, plus I loose all the open Finder windows that serve to me as reminders of things still to do.

open the Activity Monitor, select All Processes and Quit any failed process.

I couldn't see any.

Regards,
Gabriel.

How to stop a stuck copying operation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.