Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio file sounds like Donald Duck on helium

I made a jingle in GarageBand. Then I dictated an audio file on my iPod with iTalk which hot-synced into iTunes. I then dragged the dictated audio file from iTunes to GB to try to mix the jingle and the audio together, but after my audio file is imported, it runs way too fast. I looked here for an answer: http://thehangtime.com/gb/gbfaq2.html#toofast - but it didn't work.

What do I do? GB 2.0.1 iTunes 4.9 iPod 4th gen.

TIA

JV

Posted on Jul 16, 2005 1:58 PM

14 replies

Jul 16, 2005 3:09 PM in response to Jimmy Verner

the instructions say to export this file, the file highlighted was the original wav file, not the aif file

I'm not sure where you saw that, the instructions say to "convert" not export (iTunes doesn't export anything). They also say "Select this new iTunes song" because the original file is still selected.

I don't want to be Donald Duck.

No, between the copyrights and trademarks it would likely get messy. Glad it worked (It never fails)

Aug 30, 2005 4:31 PM in response to Jimmy Verner

HangTime thanks for the FAQ on your site. Great stuff.

However...I still cannot solve my duckling issue. FWIW, I started with a "8-bit Windows WAV" file from Gizmo Project recording.

I dragged that WAV into iTunes with the AIFF settings at 44.1 and 16 bit. Then "convert to AIFF" from menu.
Then select the AIFF file in Finder and drag to GB.

Still plays like the big Duck!

Ugh... Thanks in advance.

Aug 30, 2005 5:43 PM in response to Blake4

Then select the AIFF file in Finder and drag to GB.

Still plays like the big Duck!

The only way I can think that that would happen is if the wrong file were selected. Try getting info on the file within iTunes, make sure it says it's a 44.1K file, then use iTunes' Show Song File menuItem, and just for grins, try playing that in Finder.

I can't imagine this helping, but if that file still plays wrong within GB, I'd try converting THAT file (the one that already IS a 44.1K file) into a 44.1K AIFF file (yes, again). Stranger things have worked on occasion

Aug 31, 2005 9:46 AM in response to HangTime

Thanks, tried re-convertng the already AIFF file, but got the same effect in GB.

The original WAV in iTunes is 64kbps / 8kHz ---sample size 8 bit

When converted to AIFF 44.1 it shows 705 kbps / 44.1 kHz ---sample size 16 bit.

The AIFF plays fine in iTunes and Finder. Now, drag AIFF to GB and nothin' but duck. Is this change in sample size a clue? ..but the AIFF plays fine prior to GB import.

Too bad GB cannot take that 8-bit WAV file and make magic!

Aug 31, 2005 3:14 PM in response to Jimmy Verner

Try this:

1. Download Sound Studio at this link: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/audio/soundstudio.html

2. Once you've installed it, open the program, and under the FILE menu select IMPORT WITH QUICKTIME to load your vocal audio file.

3. Once it has loaded properly, pull down the FILE menu and select SAVE AS

4. Rename the file, and under the FORMAT pull-down menu, select WINDOWS WAVE

5. Take the file from your desktop and drag it into Garageband. This should eliminate the "sped-up" effect and it should play at normal speed and pitch.

Let me know if that works.

Audio file sounds like Donald Duck on helium

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.