Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my =keyboard =do =this =now?

anyone =know =why =each =time =I =press =my =space =bar =it =makes =an =equal =sign and =when =I =press =the =return =key =it =makes =the =sound =icon =come =up. =My =keybaord =is =acting =really =weird =since =I =added =firmware =update =for =apple =keyboard =firmware =update. =

macbook =

Posted on Aug 17, 2009 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2009 8:05 AM

it =is =also =asking =me =if =I =do =not =use =the =computer =if =I =want =to =restart =or =sleep..really =weird. =I =repaired =permissions =and =reset =pram.
13 replies

Aug 17, 2009 11:47 AM in response to Mac-Medic

I =reinstalled =my =old =hd =to =go =back =to =10.5.2 =and =even =tried =to =boot =from =the =system. =I =did =this =and =typed =in =terminal =and =still =does =this. =I =wish =I =could =just =reset =my =Mac. =My =keyboard =is =all =weird.
I do =not =even =think =a =fresh =install =will =change =anything.

Aug 17, 2009 12:01 PM in response to Mac-Medic

works =ok =with =a =wireless =keyboard.Tried =today =at =the =apple =shop. =seems =like =some =settings =all =messed =up. =I =have =US =keybaord =chosen =in =international. =Really =annoying. =I =did =a =10.5.8 =uodate =and =asked =for =a =firmware =keyboard =update =and =seems =after =I =did =all =this =it =screwed =it =all =up. =I =do =not =know =100% =sure =that =is =it, =but =never =did =this =before. =Worked =great =for =2 =years.

Aug 17, 2009 11:53 PM in response to sw101

anyone =have =any =ideas? =This =is =so =frustrating? =I =can =see =the =only =thing =that =may =have =done =this =was =some =apple keyboard =firmware =update =that =I =clicked =and =installed =from =Apple. =If =so, =anyway =to =de-install =it? =Also =my =Mac =asks =if =I =want =to =shut =down =if =I'm =not =using =it =after =2-3 =minutes

why does my =keyboard =do =this =now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.