Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP, my cat stepped on something!

My kitten has accidently stepped on the keyboard and/or the mouse (I didn't see her do it). I now have (from either my documents or downloads) an application(?) that encompasses my whole screen so that I can't exit or minimize or make it go away at all. How do I get rid of it or make it go back from whence it came? I tried to right click anywhere on the screen and no options to delete or minimize (the top says 'Finder'.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), external La Cie hard drive

Posted on Aug 17, 2009 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2009 10:16 PM

I really don't think you can delete or minimize a cat. You may be able to make the cat go away by not feeding it. Right clicking on the cat isn't likely to help.
6 replies

Aug 18, 2009 12:33 AM in response to shera777

an application from my documents or downloads came up but was magnified so large that the address bar where the arrows and the 'close, minimize and maximize' buttons are were not visible at all.

Your cat has vision problems, so turned on Zoom (Command-Option-8). "Seeing" tab of "Universal Access" system preference. You can turn it off with Command-Option-8, or press Control while turning the scroll-wheel.

Aug 18, 2009 1:15 AM in response to bethka

MY CAT DID SAME THING AND NOW MY NUMBER KEYS DO NOT TYPE

It may have pressed Option five times, thus turning on "Mouse Keys". Check the "Mouse" tab of "Universal Access" system preference.
AND ALL THE FUNCTION KEYS ARE REASSIGNED!

(and Caps Lock is stuck.) Check the function key setting in the "Keyboard" tab of "Keyboard & Mouse" system preference.

HELP, my cat stepped on something!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.