Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail 'blocked' by 95MB attachment

I created an e mail and stupidly attached a 95 MB video clip. Ever since Mail is completely jammed up. I can't send or receive. When launched Mail tries to send the offending e mail and copy it to the server etc. Eventually I get 'timed out' message. The file resists deletion from the drafts folder nor can I remove the attachment. If I secure delete it from the library it is mysteriously re-created next time I run mail even though I have emptied the trash on Mail & finder. I've tried rebuilding the mail boxes and repairing disc permissions.
My mobileme mail service runs normally and the offending file has never appeared there. PLEASE HELP!

mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.5.8), none

Posted on Aug 19, 2009 2:51 AM

2 replies

Aug 19, 2009 4:47 AM in response to jbs12345

Hello and welcome to the Discussions.

Quit Mail, and use the Finder to open Home/Library/Mail/Mailboxes. Locate the folder name Outbox.mbox in the Mailboxes folder, and delete it. Relaunch Mail, and test. This message being in the Drafts mailbox would not be expected to be the problem, but rather it being stuck in the Outbox, which is not seem, normally in the Sidebar, except when something hasn't sent. Mail will create a new Outbox.mbox when next you send.

Ernie

Mail 'blocked' by 95MB attachment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.