Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps in dock bouncing but not launching.

I have second account on my PowerBook. And this problem is only on this second limited account.
It was working five until few weeks ago. The problem is "Apps in dock are bouncing but not launching".
Apps like Mail, Safari, Firefox, iPhoto, iTunes, Skype, QuickTime, Vlc, Address Book, iCall and even Google Notifier on the top Bar. I can click on them again again but nothing. Only way to open them is to Log Out and Log in again. But in this case not all of them are working yet. I have tried with Apple Apps to delete in Library/Preferences - com.apple. .... but it doesn't work.
I know the easiest way to solve it would be just create this second account again but I wanna find out what's going on here.

PowerBook G4, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 1.5 GHz PowerPC G4, 2GB DDR SDRAM , SONY HD camcorder HDR-SR12

Posted on Aug 23, 2009 8:37 AM

6 replies

Aug 25, 2009 2:49 AM in response to thepitcho

HI,

Try deleting this file in the affected account.

com.apple.launchservices.plist

/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences. Drag that file from the Preferences folder to the Trash, empty the Trash and restart your Mac.

Right or control click the MacintoshHD icon. Click Get Info. In the Get Info window you will see Capacity and Available. *Make sure you always have a minimum of 10% to 15% free disk space at all times.*

Carolyn 🙂

Message was edited by: Carolyn Samit

Aug 25, 2009 3:34 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

"com.apple.launchservices.plist" Could not find it there (in Preferences on second account) I found it only in Preferences on my *Main account*. So tried to copy it on to my second account but it did not help.
I know it is maybe not at least 10% free al the time but I had no problem with it until now.

Another thing is I deleted "com.apple.launchservices.plist" on my Main account Restarted Computer and it did not created new "com.apple.launchservices.plist" and everything works ok on my Main Account. Very confusing.

Only common thing both accounts now have is "com.apple.LaunchServices.QuarantineEvents". Tried to delete it and it Created it self again as I expected.

Even non Apple App *"Google Notifier"* is not launching in top bar.

Apps in dock bouncing but not launching.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.