Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

white screen with vertical black lines

I dropped my iphone today, but after I picked it up, it was working fine. Later, I took the phone out of my pocket and it had a white screen with black lines. I can still answer phone calls, but can only see this white and black screen. I tried resetting it - no luck... Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

iPhone OS 3.0.1

Posted on Aug 23, 2009 3:14 PM

8 replies

Aug 26, 2009 10:59 AM in response to razanoni

Hello,
my iPhone 3G started showing a white screen with black stripes both horizontal and vertical, that comes and go randomly without my being able to detect a cause. The only thing that allows it to get back to normal is to PRESS the up-right corner of the iphone real hard. Since it doesn't involve any other malfunction than the screen (when it comes, I can still hear the sounds of a youtube video, the ipod or a call), I figured it must be a screen problem. THE REAL problem is that I had the screen changed at an Apple Store, it worked right for like 10 days and then it all came back again. Don't know what to do...

Sep 11, 2009 5:54 AM in response to razanoni

There are black lines suddenly showing up in the middle of my iPhone (2G) screen two days ago, and they grow horizontally in portrait view since then. I went to Apple retail store, the guy at the Genius Bar said the iPhone can only be replaced if under warranty or upgraded to a new phone with a two year AT&T contract. I asked him what caused this problem, and he said only the engineers may know. My iPhone is already a replacement (received 5 months from original purchase because the on-off button failed to work) and now showing a problem in less than a year (i.e., out of warranty). After reading the posts to this discussion, I wonder how good is the quality control over the production of iPhones and whether it is worthwhile to get a new iPhone 3G.

white screen with vertical black lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.