3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2009 7:28 AM by jsmercurial11
ScottinMA Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Macbook running latest OS update. Keyboard now types a "q" when pressing "a" key and vice versa. Several other keys do similar behaviors. Created new account name and signed in and problem disappears so it's a software issue. Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Thanks

Scott

iPhone G3, Mac OS X (10.5.5)
  • Mac Medic (be@MacOSG.com) Level 6 Level 6 (17,290 points)
    Trash all keyboard-related preference files in your main User Library preferences folder.

Dave M.
    MacOSG Founder/Ambassador  An Apple User Group  iTunes: MacOSG Podcast
    Macsimum News Associate Editor  Creator of 'Mac611 - Mobile Mac Support'

• ScottinMA Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Dave,

Thank you for your reply. Since keyboard specific preferences were impossible to discern I just trashed the entire preference folder after removing a couple folders I could identify and that did the trick. Much appreciated! I used to be able to identify corrupted preferences easily back in the days of OS9. These days....not so much.

Scott
  • jsmercurial11 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    somehow, the touchpad lost its ability to click on items. i have opened the systems preferences option, and the "clicking" box is not checked. however, since the trackpad is disabled, i cannot click on it. i have tried everything else. is there a keyboard shortcut to enable the clicking option? is there a keystroke i can use to re-check the box from the window? please help.