Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MobileMe calendar sync consistently failing to keep things in sync

Hello,

I've been noticing for quite a while that in my setup, mobileme sync keeps failing to keep contacts in sync.

My setup is quite basic: 1 iphone, 1 mobileme account, 1 macbook pro.

The iphone is set to push contacts, calendars, and bookmarks.
The mac is set to sync automatically the changes.

Whenever I modify a contact card in my iphone, after a few days I notice the data has been reverted back to the original data. For example, I add a phone number to X contact. After a few days, the number has disappeared. Beejive uses the contacts to store the IM id of each contact: however contacts consistently lose this added data after a while.

I cannot tell exactly how long it takes, because I don't look for it, I jsut notice after a while.

I first noticed this almost 1 year ago when I bought my iphone 3g.. I was all happy taking pictures of my co workers to store in their contact cards.. after a few weeks I found a few of them who I was absolutely sure I had taken pictures of, but their contact cards were empty.

A few months ago I upgraded to a family pack, and just to be sure I created a new mobileme account and changed to that account at my mac and iphone.. but the problem keeps happening.

Any ideas? Am I the only one having this kind of paranormal mobileme sync? 😟

MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo Santa Rosa 2.4 ghz 4gb ram 160gb hdd + iMac 2.2ghz, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Aug 24, 2009 8:25 AM

There are no replies.

MobileMe calendar sync consistently failing to keep things in sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.