Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merge two History.plist files

Does anyone know how to merge two Safari History.plist files? I would like to take the history files from two different computers and merge them into one. The files are binary, so I can't just copy/paste the XML like in past .plist files; dragging entries from one to the other doesn't work in Property List Editor; and dragging entries into the History listing in Safari's bookmarks window doesn't work either.

Message was edited by: Eliot White

MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 24, 2009 1:11 PM

4 replies

Aug 25, 2009 7:07 AM in response to Golden Shoes

I appreciate your point of view, but to me, merging the history files from two computers would be very helpful. I often need to reference sites I've visited in the past, so for the last several years I have set Safari to only remove history entries manually. I find this more useful than bookmarking because I never know what I might want to reference in the future.

I've been using two computers for the last year or so, and I am getting rid of one of them, so I would like to take the History.plist files from each computer and merge them into one. Anyone have any ideas?

Merge two History.plist files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.