Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stand for MacBook Pro

Is a stand necessary for the MacBook Pro when it is used extensively all day sitting flat on a table?

Thanks for your information.

Vernon

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Aug 24, 2009 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2009 9:05 PM

Hi Vernon,

Usually not necessary, but helpful in cooling MBP. I built a stand to raise the rear of mine about 2" and the front about a quarter of an inch, and this setup helps keep MBP considerably cooler (air circulation).
2 replies

Aug 26, 2009 7:29 AM in response to VRS

I have had a stand from the beginning - nearly 12 months now - and it saves your hands and RSI and keeps laptop cool; however I found when I got a new printer it was too close to laptop and heat from printer made laptop hot us. I resited printer. Stand is in two pieces, clear acrylic so look good and is easy to assemble and undo if you want to take it with you. It's a Griffen elevator notebosok stand. I paid around £35.00 for it.
Can also recommend Logitech cordless keyboard and mouse [as when the laptop is on stand it is not advisable to use its keyboard].
Having this package makes life a lot easier.

Stand for MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.