Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kodak 5100 printer

my Kodak 5100 printer is connected to my airport extreme but I am still unable to print wirelessly.

mac book pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 25, 2009 2:08 PM

5 replies

Aug 25, 2009 3:17 PM in response to rvmvswann

Unfortunately, not all USB printer are compatible with the AirPorts, especially multi-function ones like your Kodak.

Is the printer the only device connected to the AEBS' USB port ... or is it connected along with either another printer or hard drive via a USB hub? If you are using a hub, try connecting it directly to the USB port.

Aug 25, 2009 6:17 PM in response to rvmvswann

Again, not all USB printers are compatible with AirPort base stations. In addition, the AirPort's USB port does not support the "advanced" printer functions, like scanning, copying or faxing, of multi-function printers.

To see if your printer is compatible, take a look at this iFelix Unofficial AirPort Printer Compatibility link.

If your printer isn't listed, it doesn't necessarily mean it won't work, but simply that it has not been verified. iFelix also provides the following workaround for printers not on the list that would certainly be worth a try.

Also you can try this Apple Tech Support article to see if it will help:
o Printer troubleshooting for AirPort Base Stations and Time Capsule

Finally, check out this IBM support article to see if the printer you are interested in is listed as having a Postscript or PCL3 interface. If it does, then it will most likely work with the AirPort's USB port. Printers that use the "HP LIDIL" interface must be connected to a computer directly and will not work.

Kodak 5100 printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.