Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Mac OS X Leopard to Snow Leopard from Russia

Hi.

I'm waiting for purchasing new Mac Os X and have question:
how can I update my MacBook unibody to Snow Leopard (when it will be available in re-store)?

Purchase update using Apple Re-store I can't because I live in Russia. Our resellers will be sell only full version. But I don't want full version, just update for 29$.

MacBook 13' unibody, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 26, 2009 3:35 AM

7 replies

Aug 26, 2009 4:53 AM in response to Libertin

That would be the "drop-in" upgrade that Apple provided for people who bought Tiger systems after the shipping of Leopard. It was never sold by Apple.
And I've thought that this DVD for 29$ also just can update.

That may or may not be true. However, there isn't any other version available. So, if the resellers in Russia are not going to sell an 'update,' then they won't be selling Snow Leopard.

Aug 26, 2009 5:41 AM in response to Barney-15E

Barney-15E wrote:
Snow Leopard is a full version, whatever that means. Apple is not selling anything but the $29 version advertised. It is not an 'update.' It is Mac OS X 10.6.

From Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.):

*"Snow Leopard is an upgrade for Leopard users and requires a Mac with an Intel processor."*

I don't recall any previous "reference" release of the OS ever being referred to in this way; IOW, as a upgrade for a previous reference version.

Update Mac OS X Leopard to Snow Leopard from Russia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.