Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to configure a Snow base station with Snow Leopard?

According to "Mac OS X v10.6: About incompatible software"
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3258?viewlocale=en_US
...AirPort Admin Utility for Graphite and Snow 4.2.5 is incompatible with Snow Leopard.

I have a Snow AirPort Base Station, and AirPort Utility 5.4.2 doesn't seem to be able to see it. (At least I can't figure out how to make it do so.) Can it not work with a Snow Base Station?

Now what?

PowerBook Pismo 500, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Aug 27, 2009 6:57 PM

9 replies

Aug 28, 2009 11:46 AM in response to Chris Peterson

One solution is to keep a pre-Snow Leopard OS installation (either on another partition or external drive) and then boot from that when you need to configure the snow AirPort base station (ABS).

Another solution is to use another Mac running a pre-Snow Leopard OS to configure the snow ABS.

Since the snow ABS was discontinued 6 years ago I can understand why support is going away.

The last PowerPC was shipped only 3 years ago and that is not supported by Snow Leopard either.

Aug 28, 2009 1:59 PM in response to Duane

I understand that it is an older piece of hardware, I just thought there might have been notice given or alternatives for continued use of the base station. I am sure that there are many people and institutions that are still using theses (as they were built very well. I guess we'll have to find alternatives to configure the station. I wonder if the Windows utility will work on a Vista machine?

How to configure a Snow base station with Snow Leopard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.