Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson Stylus NX415

For those of you with this printer using snow leopard.

If you connect it and add it, it will say there is no included driver, and at the moment Epson's site doesn't have a SL driver either, but...

If you add the printer then manually choose the driver from the list. Just choose the Epson NX400 Series and everything works fine, even the scanning. I don't know why 10.6 doesn't think that the NX415 is a NX400 series printer, but it is, maybe just a bug.

Funniest thing though is Epson's suggestions doesn't even mention 10.6 has built in support. it suggest you install the old drivers using ROSETTA. How freaking dumb is that!???

 Unibody MBP 15" 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.8), iPhone 3G

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 3:08 AM

4 replies

Sep 3, 2009 2:42 PM in response to H15A5H1

Epson is proud to partner with Apple Corporation in support of their newly introduced operating system, Snow Leopard. If you plan to use Macintosh OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, and wish to continue enjoying all the advanced features of your Epson product, you will need to visit www.epson.ca/snowleopard to obtain the latest drivers, software updates and user instructions.

Thank you,
Epson

I just received the email above from Epson. I thought Snow Leopard was supposed to eliminate the need to obtain new drivers from the manufacturer's? Anyway, check that page - maybe there's an update for your NX415.

Oct 8, 2009 1:09 AM in response to Larry Jorgenson

no there is no update. they want you to install old drivers via Rosetta, and that's what they are calling their 10.6 support. even look at the "Driver combo update" and it says it's for 10.6 but the date of the file is 05/2009. 10.6 wasn't even out then. they are recommending you install old drivers via Rosetta while 10.6 supports the Epson NX series printers out of the box.

Epson Stylus NX415

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.