Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Juniper networks VPN

Hi just upgraded to 10.6, looks really great, but cant find away to install Junper networks VPN, anyone got this working?
Thanks
Steve

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 5:14 AM

57 replies

Aug 28, 2009 10:40 AM in response to MuddyBulldog

Same here, managed to install it manually, launch Network Connect, authenticate but it fails at some point when establishing the VPN session, before launching ncproxyd. (Using 6.0.0 client, that worked fine with 10.5). btw, ncproxyd runs fine when started manually, but without the right parameters its useless, it needs to be started by Network Connect.app.

Juniper official answer was to upgrade to next IVE OS (6.5 I think) when available, which is not an option for us since it requires upgraded hardware AFAIK.

If anyone manage to make it work with some hacks, let me know. Thanks

Aug 28, 2009 3:37 PM in response to wislon

I just had a chat with Juniper, and I need to get some versions of software and hardware device that my company is using first. We are currently running 6.0 of Network Connect, and she said you need 6.5 for Snow Leopard, as mentioned above. Problem is only certain hardware devices/software versions on the server side will support a client higher than 6.0. So I'm praying IT comes back to me with a version that is supported. Otherwise my main reason for upgrading (Exchange integration) goes up in flames.

Aug 28, 2009 5:47 PM in response to wislon

Hi all..

I have been having this problem and I am using version 6.0 of the client. The following fix seems to have worked for me:

Open terminal and type:

sudo chmod 755 /usr/local/juniper/nc/[version number]/
sudo mkdir '/Applications/Network Connect.app/Contents/Frameworks'

I found this here:
http://www.thevagary.net/archives/2009/08/makenetwork_connect_work_ins.html

Aug 28, 2009 10:07 PM in response to Jim Allen

Hi Jim,

certainly. Let me break it down a little bit for you. First you need to run the Terminal application. You will find this under Applications -> Utilities
Once you run this program, you will get a window with a command line prompt. The first thin you want to type is:

sudo -i

After you type this command and hit return, you will be prompted for a password. This is your regular system password. By typing this command it, you are giving yourself super-user access which will be required to run the rest of the commands.

Next type this:

ls /usr/local/juniper/nc/

This command will list the contents of the directory /usr/local/juniper/nc. You are looking for a directory that is named the same as the version number of your Network Connect. In my case, the version number is 6.0.0. Remember this, because you will need it in the next step. Type:

chmod 755 /usr/local/juniper/nc/6.0.0/

This command changes the permissions on the directory called /usr/local/juniper/nc/6.0.0. If you are running a different version than 6.0.0, then please substitute the name of your directory.

Finally, you need to create a new directory. Type:

mkdir /Applications/Network Connect.app/Contents/Frameworks

Your done. It should work now.

Aug 29, 2009 8:31 AM in response to joebella

This fix works perfectly. I didn't have to the chmod (the permissions were already ok), but creating the Frameworks directory did the trick. Can't believe it. The directory isn't even used for temp or cached files when connected. Bizarre.

Anyway, for everyone's convenience, I created a .pkg you can download and run that will create the directory for you. Here's the link:

<Edited by Host for Direct Download Link>

I can assure you the package is perfectly safe, however if you'd like to run the UNIX commands, I can assure you they are accurate and easy to do as well.

Cheers,
Sapridyne

Juniper networks VPN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.