Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal Exchange 2007 Calendar Availability

When adding a new event to my Exchange 2007 account through iCal in Snow Leopard, the availabile meeting times show all weekday calendars as busy (shaded gray with diagonal stripes) My calendar shows this as well, but not on weekends. If I pick "Next Available Time" it will come up with an availability on a weekend.

I have access to others calendars as a delegate and know that both myself other invitees are free.

Scheduling a location works just fine for a conference room. But again, it shows all 'people' calendars as unavailable including my own.

Does anyone else have something similar? Am I missing a setting?

I set the Exchange account up though Auto-discovery. I have tried setting up the account additionally using the server we specify through Outlook, and also using the server I spec when connecting through my iPhone. Our company has hosted Exchange, and each of these options yields a different server, but connects with the same result.

Thank you

Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 5:43 PM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2009 5:09 PM in response to cmsmith

I have a similar issue and it's really bothering me now and I have had to go back to Entourage.

We use Exchange 2007 at work and I have get the administrators check my exchange profile and there is nothing wrong in the setting - both Outlook (on Windows) and Entourage behave well, but iCal shows me as busy (or unavailable on Sunday and Monday).

This is a problem when I try and book meetings with people on Monday as my calendar is busy, it shows other as unavailable as well. However when others invite me on Mondays they can see my free slots, so the problem isn't Exchange.

Also, if I book meetings through Entourage - its all good.

I have tried reinstalling iCal from the SL disk but that didn't help either.

iCal Exchange 2007 Calendar Availability

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.