Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NOTES

I have notes on my iPhone and now they appear in my mail in both the inbox and notes. If I delete them from my inbox I lose them in the notes. How can I delete them from the inbox but leave them in notes? Right now I had to make a file in my "on my Mac" section and move them but then they disappear from notes....

Suggestion.....

Thx

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6), 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3, 150 GB

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 5:33 PM

10 replies

Aug 29, 2009 5:17 PM in response to dwb

dwb wrote:
Go to email's preferences and select the Accounts tab. The first option down should be show notes in inbox. Uncheck it.

Interestingly, if you right click the inbox, select “Get Account Info”, and uncheck the “Show notes in Inbox”, it works temporarily. That is, when you close Apple Mail, it doesn't save the unchecked option.

Your method (Mail » Preferences » Accounts » Mailbox Behaviours » Show notes in Inbox) works perfectly, because when I close the preferences (or change a tab) you are approached with a message offering to save the settings.

Sep 11, 2009 10:01 AM in response to James_Kanjo

Hi

I too had Notes showing up in my In-Box and I too went straight to the Preferences and turned off the Show Notes in In-Box. Except they were still there after I switched it off, I even tried quitting mail and restarting but the notes refused to disappear.

Then I read James's post and did the right click thing and one of my mail boxes still had the Show Notes selected!

So many thanks for that nugget of information James it solved my problem, many thanks.

Phil

NOTES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.