7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2009 10:17 PM by Scott Cook
steveaps Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
ok, i have installed sl and have a problem with one of my programs how do i turn the clock back, i made a clone of my hard drive before i installed SL

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6)
  • William Lloyd Level 7 Level 7 (20,925 points)
    You can clone the old drive back over the internal drive then.
  • steveaps Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    thanks for getting back to me can you tell me how to do that
  • William Lloyd Level 7 Level 7 (20,925 points)
    How did you do the clone in the first place?

Basically, reboot the machine with the option key held down. Select the external drive you cloned to, and boot from it. Then clone it back over the internal drive.

What product did you use to make the clone? You want to make sure you had a good copy.

Plus, well, it may be worth putting your $29 to work and finding out how to make Snow Leopard work for you. It really is quite nice!
    i used carbon copy cloner
    snow leopard is working ok but one of my album design programs is having a funny turn and i need it working ok for the time being, once they get it sorted out i can then put sl back on
    Hi can anyone help, i have booted my mac from an external drive and now i want to use carbon copy cloner to restore my main hard drive back to leopard, i have set up the the source disk as the external bootable drive and the destination disk as the internal main hard drive, there is a warning coming up that says" The target volume already has Mac OS X installed. Copying a different version of Mac OS X to this volume may render it unbootable." is it ok to carry on
  • Scott Cook Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)
    Well yes, you do want to erase Snow Leopard and clone the previous system back to your internal hard drive don't you? That's what it's telling you it's about to do... By the way, you can keep both operating systems if you want. Boot from the external drive when you need to use that particular application and boot from the internal drive any other time you want. You were very wise to clone your hard drive before upgrading to revision 1 on day 1 by the way. I'm sure there were a bunch of fools who didn't.