Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick edit -Quicktime X - bah waste of time.

Tried doing a quick edit for YT using the new QuicktimeX, bah, pfft. What a waste of code this was. You can only do ONE Trim and the rest of the footage is erased, what kinda editing is that? So I tried using the OLD Quicktime 7PRO and that got it done way easier. COME ON APPLE Release a QuicktimeX that is more WORTHWHILE! Stealing stuff from the imovie failure is not helping it much at all. *Head Slap*

and how do I get it to stream via http? no clue. Feels like a disabled/ ******** quicktime player to me :\

oh, and what of a Surround sound audio panel huh? like that hasn't be updated in ages. all the rest of them(os's) has some sort of fancy audio panel, but mac, nooooo, no us.

ok gonna mentally abuse my new os now, excuse me.

G4 500/1.4 G OWC, AGP Sawtooth 768 MB RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 29, 2009 1:05 AM

6 replies

Aug 29, 2009 7:04 PM in response to Polaritypictures

I too am initially very disappointed with QuickTime X. It is so like the iMovie disaster when compared to QuickTime Pro 7. Thank goodness the installer for Snow Leopard moved QuickTime Pro 7 to the Utilities folder and it is still kickin' * when I need to do some real video work (such as edit and export).

Sometimes the moves Apple makes just don't make sense! At least give us QuickTime X Pro!!

Aug 29, 2009 7:38 PM in response to Polaritypictures

i guess "think different" means we now have to jump back and forth between 2 apps with the same name that do almost the same thing slightly differntly. great.

i do appreciate the new interface, but copy/cut/paste is an integral part of my QT experience, and how hard would it be to just turn on more of the "pro" features for the non pro people and leave the little niceties for us pro users?

i feel like the ipod halo effect isn't a good thing anymore. apple is slowly killing off the pro users by releasing slow shoddy updates for stuff that is critical to our livelihoods. OS X is slowly just turning into a hobby for me, as the digital artist linux distros are getting more and more interesting and more and more viable in a pro creative atmosphere. **** the studio i'm working for currently as a compositor doesn't have 1 single mac system.

Aug 29, 2009 8:13 PM in response to Mersalmararc

While I am not a video editing professional, I am what could be considered an very advanced amateur. I used nearly all of the tools in QT7Pro. Almost all of which are gone in QTX. It is a very good thing that QT7Pro gets backed up to the utilities folder. I would have been extremely angry to lost it. I hope that Apple gets it in gear and issues a pro version of QTX and soon.

Quick edit -Quicktime X - bah waste of time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.