Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong password in Vacation notice and Mail rules in web interface

I have just set up a new Snow Leopard server to try it out. I especially wanted to test the calendarserver and mail and corresponding web interfaces.
I can access the My Page without any problem, but when I try to access the Settings->Vacation Notice and Mail Rules, I am presented a login dialog. When I enter my credentials, it just shakes its head like the password is wrong. I tried with different accounts, and when I used the system admin login I could access those pages, but not for the standard account. What's wrong?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Aug 29, 2009 10:35 AM

8 replies

Aug 31, 2009 10:34 AM in response to waehlby

Well, it seems as if it has something to do with the user names. I have some scandinavian characters in my name (å, ä, ö). If the account full name has any of these characters in it, you cannot log in to change vacation notice and mail rules. If I set up the accounts without these characters (replace them with aao) everything works as expected.

Sep 4, 2009 6:58 AM in response to waehlby

Yes, the problem is the accented caracters !

I had the same problem until I remove the accent in the user information (Workgroup Manager > Users Tab > "user" > Info Tab > Firstname + Lastname).

So it's an encoding error in WPSession python module, and this problem drive the script EmailRules.py around line 162 (wpUser = wpSession.userNamed(username)) to go on the hasLocalEmailErrback def, and so give an error and refuse the authentication, even if we have a local email account.

It's boring that USA developers do not write code that manage well international strings !
It's like this forum : because I have an "é" in my lastname, I was unable to create an account for this forum, until I create a new Apple ID without the "é" 😟
Or like the iPhone Developer certificates at the beginning...

Wrong password in Vacation notice and Mail rules in web interface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.