Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Junk Mail Behavior

Junk mail does not always offer a "Not Junk" option. If I drag these emails into my Inbox, they continue to have the Junk Mail orange color, but still no not junk option.

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 17" MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Aug 29, 2009 10:55 AM

11 replies

Sep 20, 2009 11:54 AM in response to Jason Goldsmith

I have the same issue. Even though the help system referenced it, there is not a Not Junk option - I've looked high and low. A number of my regular emails are getting marked as junk and I have no way to get them marked as Not Junk for future reference. I thought that perhaps dragging them to the inbox was maybe the transparent way of marking them as Not Junk. But they continued to be marked as junk. And some of these emails are from addresses that are in my contacts.

I'm running Exchange through Apple Mail.

Sep 24, 2009 11:25 AM in response to colinharbour

I had the same experience. Junk filtering was enabled. I disabled it. Re-enabled it and STILL no "Not Junk" option. This is just so weird. There must be some sort of internal software switch that's not getting checked.

I have to say this has been a real pain. I hope Apple is paying attention somewhere. I'm to the point where I may have to turn off junk filtering.

Junk Mail Behavior

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.