Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ichat video

I am trying to video chat with a friend. We both have MacBooks bought a year ago, and I have Snow Leopard and she just has Leopard. As far as I can figure out, this means we have different versions of iChat? The video chat is failing - the invitation works and we attempt to accept, but then we get a message saying the other person declined (sender gets message that the invitee declined, even thought they accepted)
anyone else having this problem/know how to fix it?

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Aug 29, 2009 7:17 PM

5 replies

Aug 30, 2009 12:46 PM in response to katethesk8

I have Snow on a Macbook Pro and can Video to Leopard users.

In System Preferences > Security an I have the Firewall ON and iChat in the List in the Advanced Button (Automatically allow Signed Software...)
Stealth is not set as iChat sends a Ping and stealth would block this.

I would also check your routing device.
If this is a fresh Install of Snow Leopard you may not have the same IP from the routing device and any Port Forwarding you were using may no longer be pointing at the computer.

In System Preferences > Network > Advanced Button > DNS tab make sure you make has DNS Servers listed.

Are you getting any sort of Pop up to send to Apple on the chat failure ?
(you don't always get it on the Declined message).

User uploaded file

8:46 PM Sunday; August 30, 2009

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

ichat video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.