Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MediaLink 1.72 (nullRiver)

After installing SnowLeopard MediaLink can be started. However file sharing does not seem to work on the PS3. Any suggestions?

IMac, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Aug 30, 2009 2:33 AM

18 replies

Aug 31, 2009 11:18 AM in response to dgriep

I am having similar issues with Snow Leopard and NullRiver's MediaLink software.

I am getting a DLNA error (2006) when I attempt to connect to my Mac from the PS3.
I have reintalled the program from scratch, turned off all firewalling within Apple's preferences pane, to no avail.

I've opened a support case with NullRiver but have not received an automated email response.

It looks like the software did break with the upgrade to Snow Leopard.

Hope they are working on a fix. It would be nice if they just acknowledged a fix was in progress etc.

Sep 2, 2009 7:51 AM in response to futureman

This is a link to the 1.59 version of Nullriver, it works perfectly on Snow Tiger and PS3 3.0 firmware.
http://drop.io/m3knnbh8763

If you purchased the product, no need to worry, the registration remains active after the rollback.
I expect the update to come soon, as sony and apple both just released their major upgrades this week, I suspect Nullriver to have waited for an upgrade to anticipate on this combination.
Too bad their communication on the subject (or anything at all!) is awful.

Sep 2, 2009 8:55 AM in response to rsva

Thanks for the link.

Is there a way you can either post checksums and or acknowledge a fix is being worked on your nullriver website, so we can verify the binaries.
Or host the binary downloads there?
An message update on your product page would help a great deal in conveying
that you are aware of the issue etc.

Forgive me for being extra security conscious.
How can I verify this is a binary from NullRiver?

Sep 3, 2009 5:47 PM in response to dgriep

Thank you for the link. I just installed it and my PS3s are working great with MediaLink on Snow Leopard again.

I wrote Nullriver twice and haven't heard anything back. I can't believe a company like that would not have tested with Snow Leopard prior.

Anyways, if you want a fantastic alternative to MediaLink, check out "PS3MediaServer". This is a free software from Google that kicks MediaLink to the curb. Check it out at http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/

They have Mac OS, Windows and Linux versions. I tried it on Snow Leopard and love it. I promise you, this is the best MediaServer out there for the PS3. Love to be able to have movie cover arts showing on the PS3. Just simply put jpgs with the same name as your movies that is it. (Ex: Flawless.mpg Flawless.jpg).

Sep 22, 2009 6:12 PM in response to dgriep

I have had similar problems with MediaLink 2.0a1. I resolved all my issues by operating wirelessly. Whenever I'm attached directly by ethernet the problems reoccur.

This not only was an issue with my PS3, but my AppleTV as well. I extended my wireless network with a repeater that kept on requiring a reboot to keep my AppleTV connected.

Operating my iMac wirelessly resolved all connection issues and the repeater no longer needs to be rebooted.

I hope this will resolve your issues..

MediaLink 1.72 (nullRiver)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.