Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Metadata-Editing in Snow Leopard

Hi.
After I’ve edit several photos in Photoshop CS4 and given them some metadatas (titles, keywords, copyright etc.) via xmp, I changed some of these IPTC-datas in Aperture and tried to export these photos (incl. all metadatas) for a client but none of these modifications were taking over. Is this a bug in SnowLeopard?
Mactheny.

Message was edited by: Mactheny

MacBook Pro Core2Duo 17", Mac OS X (10.6), CinemaDisplay 23"

Posted on Aug 30, 2009 5:09 AM

7 replies

Aug 31, 2009 1:25 PM in response to William Lloyd

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve figured out that Aperture has problems in Snow Leopard to read out the description of the photo (in Aperture named »subtitles« - is this the right german-english-translation?). If I change the »subtitles« in Lightroom, Photoshop can read the modifications exactly and vice versa but not Aperture. In Leopard there was no problem like this, Aperture could display modifications in IPTC I made in Lightroom (that’s one of reason why I use this program) but now there are the same symptoms like in Aperture 1.5.X. again. **** happens!

Aug 31, 2009 6:05 PM in response to Mactheny

I'm not writing the code so I can't say. I don't think it's technically impossible for Apple to add this support to Aperture. Then again, few things are impossible in software.

It likely comes down to resources, timeframe, and priority, as all these choices do.

I'd suggest using Aperture's "Submit Feedback" mechanism to let them know why it's critical to you.

Sep 1, 2009 7:42 AM in response to Mactheny

this has been a growing source of frustration for me as i have looked into IPTC specs. IPTC Core has been the standard since before Aperture 1.0, yet Apple has never fully supported it. As I have started shooting more for wire services and daily papers who demand IPTC Core, I have to export from Aperture and into Photo Mechanic. There's really no excuse, especially since Aperture was marketed as an end to end solution.

No Metadata-Editing in Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.