3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2009 7:36 PM by MacUser206
ScottinMA Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Try it and see whether you can find your serial number on your mac (besides taking out the battery and getting from the bay). When you select the more info you will encounter the serial number line without the serial number.

Scott

iPhone G3, Mac OS X (10.5.5)
  • Kappy Level 10 Level 10 (260,545 points)
    No problem here. Have you had your motherboard replaced? If so then the serial number will usually no longer be displayed in About this Mac.
  • ScottinMA Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Actually I recently had the motherboard replacement due to the videoboard failure. Thanks for your reply.

Scott
  • MacUser206 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Here is my problem at the bottom: No Serial?

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac7,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 800 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03
    SMC Version (system): 1.21f4
    Serial Number (system): System Serial#

Now this was the First Mac I have ever owned so I wanted the best. I was sold on this computer after lots of discussion with multiple Apple agents. I am a little peeved because I had a few issue's and had to call Apple support and they always ask for the Serial Number- Well, I don't have it displayed and have located in on the computer but when I ask why this is- I have never received a clear answer to why? From the previous post I am to understand that he had his motherboard replaced! I want to know this- Did I get a brand new computer from Apple or did I get a rebuilt one?

How Can I find this out because if I have a rebuilt computer for $2,500 someone at apple is going to have to fix this.

Please help in all honesty please!

Concerned Mac Lover!