Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Built-in Cisco VPN and proxy server

Just got Snow Leopard installed yesterday and was pleased to discover the built-in Cisco VPN support. I have set this up with my university’s VPN system and while it does connect, I’m a little confused about how to get the proxy server set up as well.

My university uses a pac file, so in the VPN settings under Advanced > Proxies I checked the automatic proxy configuration and entered the link to the pac file. But this doesn’t actually seem to do anything. After connecting to the VPN service, Safari still uses my direct connection to the internet rather than route through the proxy. (I can tell this by going to website that shows my IP address.) However, Firefox, which has its own proxy connection settings separate from the OS does route my connection through the university.

Have I missed something? or can this only be set up by using two ‘locations,’ each of which set up with its own proxy settings? Apologies for not being able to explain this in proper networking jargon.

MacBook 2GB 2GHz, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Aug 30, 2009 2:25 PM

There are no replies.

Built-in Cisco VPN and proxy server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.