Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen sharing - Kerberos password

Screen sharing from the updated macbook and the old mini no longer works because NetAuthAgent requires I enter my Kerberos password for username of mini@a long string of numbers and letters. That is the first problem.

The second problem is that there is no password for the username of the mini, but NetAuthAgent demands at least something.

I have deleted apple.com.ScreenSharing.plist, but to no avail. The demands of NetAuthAgent remain insistent.

I have been able to screenshare in a fashion, but the screen of the mini is pinstriped, and buggy.

I wonder if anyone has encountered this type of problem, and if so, could suggest a solution?

macbook 2.4 late 2008, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Aug 30, 2009 11:07 PM

4 replies

Aug 30, 2009 11:09 PM in response to kizkij

HI,

Just a shot in the dark... try repairing disk permissions.

Quit any open applications/programs. Launch Disk Utility. (Applications/Utilities) Select MacintoshHD in the panel on the left, select the FirstAid tab. Click: Repair Disk Permissions. When it's finished from the Menu Bar, Quit Disk Utility and restart your Mac. If you see a long list of "messages" in the permissions window, it's ok. That can be ignored. As long as you see, "Permissions Repair Complete" when it's finished... you're done. Quit Disk Utility and restart your Mac.

Repairing permissions can fix a myriad of bugs...

Carolyn 🙂

Aug 30, 2009 11:27 PM in response to Topher Kessler

@Carolyn, thank you, but I did that earlier.

@Kessler. Unfortunately, your suggestion did not work. Do you know what NetAuthAgent is actually asking for? For example, on initially connecting to the mini for file sharing it will ask for the Kerebos password, but if this request is dismissed, the connection occurs anyway. If that makes sense!

Screen sharing - Kerberos password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.