2265 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2009 7:25 AM by David Cooper1
Try repairing disk permissions.
Quit any open applications/programs. Launch Disk Utility. (Applications/Utilities) Select MacintoshHD in the panel on the left, select the FirstAid tab. Click: Repair Disk Permissions. When it's finished from the Menu Bar, Quit Disk Utility and restart your Mac. If you see a long list of "messages" in the permissions window, it's ok. That can be ignored. As long as you see, "Permissions Repair Complete" when it's finished... you're done. Quit Disk Utility and restart your Mac.
It appears my issue has been resolved with the help of thread you posted:
I did end up calling Apple Support to clarify the procedure so in case anyone else is having the problem, here is my version of the fix:
As always, create a backup of your current Address Book in case something goes awry.
1. Sign out of MobileMe in your Home account.
2. Sign in to your Guest account or create a Test account.
3. Sign in to MobileMe in the MobileMe preference pane in the Test/Guest account.
4. Go to the Sync pane in the MobileMe preference pane and Sync. You will receive a question as to what you want to do. I chose to Replace contacts on the computer with contacts from MobileMe.
5. After syncing you should have an address book without the contacts that were merged from the address book you had been subscribing to.
6. Export an address book archive (extension .abbu). Copy the resulting file to a flash drive or an external hard drive that is available.
7. Return to your home account and Import that file to your address book. You will get a message asking you if you want to replace all the contacts with the ones you are importing. Answer yes.
8. Quit address book and re-launch. At this point you should see all your groups and contacts without the subscription contacts that were merged and couldn't be deleted.
9. Sign in to MobileMe and re-enable syncing.