Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is System Events?

I upgraded to Snow Leapord.

When my system frinally rebooted, a Dialog Box came up asking "Where is System Events? Choose Application".

I didn't know, and couldn't find it.
So I hit Cancel.

What was it looking for, and why?
Since I didn't locate it, is something now not working properly?

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Aug 31, 2009 8:27 AM

3 replies

Aug 31, 2009 3:10 PM in response to garytoriello

Watch for such system events as waking from sleep, program launches, closes, or switches, file modifications, incorrect password attempts, mouse and keyboard input, and many more. Then, perform any number of tasks like sending an e-mail, shutting down the computer, starting a simulated self-destruct, pinging a web URL, taking a web cam shot, taking a screenshot, playing a multimedia file, speaking some text, executing a shell script... the list goes on! ..edited from Digital Sentry
Your system event was probably the Energy Saver in System preferences going to sleep. I always check never (display sleep and computer shutdown) before a install. System events could include MobileMe, Time Machine, Mail etc…

Hope this helps.
-Larc

Where is System Events?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.