Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ricoh Aficio 3025 Problems...

Alright, so I have a feeling my answer will be similar to the other threads with Ricoh problems, but at my work, we have a wireless copier/printer, the Ricoh Aficio 3025. I bring my Macbook Pro to work even though they provide me with a PC desktop (which totally *****). I prefer my Mac, but when I need to print casenotes or anything else I have to print from the PC. I cannot, for the life of me, get my Mac to print. I have read about those Linux downloads. Are those going to work the same way for me? Here are the steps other threads have suggested:

1)Download the Ghostscript and install.
2)Download the Foomatic and install.
3)Download the pxlmono and install, in that order.

Also, should I be selecting LPD instead of IPP? And once that printer is added, will I need to select a driver again? If so, which one? The only one available is Aficio 3025 PS. I don't think it supports postscript. Anyway, I don't really think I know what I'm talking about, but there is my question.

I guess one more little side question? Where can I go uninstall drivers I have installed? I can't find them anywhere in my folders. Thanks in advance.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Aug 31, 2009 11:43 AM

6 replies

Aug 31, 2009 10:04 PM in response to snaketheblake

I would use the Generic PCL5e or PCL6 Gutenprint 5.2.3 that is included with 10.6, provided you chose to add the Additional Driver during the install. This should do the job nicely.

As for the print queue, I suggest you check what queue the Windows 3025 queue uses. In the printer properties,go to the Ports tab and select Configure Port. If it shows the Protocol as RAW and the Port Number as 9100, then on the Mac you can select IP > HP Jetdirect-Socket (which is another name for RAW Port 9100).

Re the unwanted drivers, most driver files are copied to HD > Library > Printers > vendor_name. In theory there will be a Ricoh folder, if that is what you have added, and trashing the contents of this folder will be okay if you don't foresee using the contents.

Pahu

Sep 1, 2009 9:51 AM in response to snaketheblake

snaketheblake wrote:
So I got it to print. Now I need to figure out the staple option. It won't let me choose any of the staple options, even though the Staple tab appears. Everything under that tab is grayed-out so I can't choose them. Suggestions?

Open the Print & Fax system preference pane. Highlight your Ricoh printer in the list. Then click on the Options & Supplies button to the right of the printer list. In the sheet the drops down, select the Driver tab. You should now see a list of available options. Configure these to match what options you have installed on your printer and click OK. The staple and other functions should now be available to you.

Matt

Sep 1, 2009 12:09 PM in response to snaketheblake

I am currently running OS X 10.6, but the process is the same. I am able to enable or disable the Staple options depending on the Finisher I tell the printing system the printer has.

Did you get to the part under *Options & Supplies -> Driver* where you could specify which Finisher you had on the printer? You should have been given a choice of Not Installed, Finisher 500, or Finisher 1000.

If you chose either the Finisher 500 or the Finisher 1000 and still are having problems, try restarting your computer. If that still does not resolve the issue then try resetting the printing system. Follow the instructions from the Apple article at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1341.

Matt

Ricoh Aficio 3025 Problems...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.