Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving Movie (Apple Trailer) with Quicktime X

Hello everyone,

today I loaded some trailers on apple.com and wanted to save them to disk. Back in 10.5. I did that with Quicktime 7 Pro and because of saving the file (1080P) in the format as is, it has always been just a matter of a few seconds to save that moviefile.

Now in Quicktime X it seems to be different. I let the trailer load until it's finished. Then I go to >file >save as and save the trailer using the standard settings (no re-encoding). And it starts saving - but takes like - long. Minutes long.

Anybody got an idea why Quicktime X is behaving like that?

MacBook Unibody 2.0, Mac OS X (10.6), iPod Touch 1st Gen.

Posted on Aug 31, 2009 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2009 3:02 PM

flex One

QuickTime X not ready for primetime 🙂
You should have QTP 7 in your Utilities folder if you had it in MacOS 10.5.8.

It will work as QTP 7 Pro if you enter your QTP7 Pro license code.

Then you can have the best of both worlds.
QTP 7 is on the Snow Leopard Install Disk in the "Optional Installs
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2009 3:02 PM in response to flex One

flex One

QuickTime X not ready for primetime 🙂
You should have QTP 7 in your Utilities folder if you had it in MacOS 10.5.8.

It will work as QTP 7 Pro if you enter your QTP7 Pro license code.

Then you can have the best of both worlds.
QTP 7 is on the Snow Leopard Install Disk in the "Optional Installs

Sep 5, 2009 5:02 PM in response to flex One

You can't use a direct link any more to download through Safari, seems Apple has changed the way trailers are accessed, when linking to a trailer (such as [Disney's Oceans|http://movies.apple.com/movies/disney/oceans/oceans-tsr1_h1080p.mov] you'll get instead redirected to the main trailers page at apple.com/trailers. And when you paste it in the download window, you'll get the HTML file representing the trailers homepage instead...

Saving Movie (Apple Trailer) with Quicktime X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.