Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp + WinClone

I've wanted to install Windows XP on my macbook for a long time. I have the original macbook, so by now the internal CD drive has died completely. So I was deprived of XP for a very long time. Recently, my brother got the aluminum macbook (not the pro) and I was excited because I did some research and discovered WinClone. So, I finally got it working, but now when I boot into windows, no inputs seem to work. no trackpad, no keyboard, no USB. Is it a compatibility issue between my mac and his newer version? would it work if i used winclone on a white macbook? thanks.

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 31, 2009 5:11 PM

5 replies

Sep 1, 2009 1:44 PM in response to Chaoguy

You've probably got the wrong drivers. Sounds to me like you cloned his install of Windows--is this right?

You'll need the original install discs for your computer. On a Windows machine with a working optical drive, you should be able to find the drivers and copy them to a flash drive, then use the flash drive to install the correct drivers on your machine.

~Lyssa

Boot Camp + WinClone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.