Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't attach attachments

In Mail (Im using a .mac email address): when I drag a file to attach, or use the 'attach' button inside a mail message, nothing happens, the message does not get a file attached to it, it just stays blank or with whatever was there before. If I go to me.com and log in, every time I can attach the same file no problem.

It has happened to any kind of file, when it happens for example with a jpeg, from then on, no file no matter what it is will attach. I am aware of size/file restrictions, that is not the problem.

This is a strange phenomenon that happens randomly. Usually when it starts to happen it will do it 1-2 days long and suddenly without anything specific steps will work normally again. Restarting the computer helps only sometimes.

This is something that has been bugging me for a year or so now and on 3 different computers. I cant remember if this started to happen after upgrading to 10.5 or it happened before as well. I cant remember anything on any of the computers that changed that might cause this.

I always assumed this was a (very annoying) quirk of Mail, but finally decided to ask someone about it, but I don't see any forums on this topic, I guess It's not that common?

Any ideas? thanks

MacPro / macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.5.7), Mail v3.6

Posted on Sep 1, 2009 10:07 AM

There are no replies.

Can't attach attachments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.