Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Startup Manager Icons are wrong

When I press the Option Key when restarting the computer, I see the Startup Manager screen.

My MBP has two partitions in the internal drive. I also have a G-Tech external drive.

With the external drive disconnected, I restart the MBP holding the Option Key down. I see the Startup Screen where I get to choose which partition to boot from.

The icons that are shown in the Startup Manager are wrong. Instead of showing the icon for the internal drive, it shows the icons for the G-Tech drives.

Where does it get the icons for Startup Manager and how can I fix it?

Thanks for your assistance.

Roberto

Message was edited by: Roberto Sepúlveda

MacBook and MBP 2.2, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Sep 1, 2009 10:16 AM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2009 1:21 PM in response to Roberto Sepúlveda

I'm confused by the question. do you mean that the G-tech drive has a custom icon and this icon also gets applied to the internal drives? I'm not positive but I think that the default icons that the startup manager uses are stored directly in the firmware. but if a drive has a custom icon then the startup manager will display it instead.

Startup Manager Icons are wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.