Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari opens all my bookmarks in Snow Leopard

I installed Snow Leopard last night, which went really well until I opened Safari only to find out that all 1000+ of my bookmarks were being opened when I started Safari. How do I prevent that from happening again?

Otherwise, things seem to be working quite well.

Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6), Happy Hump Day!

Posted on Sep 2, 2009 12:10 AM

5 replies

Sep 2, 2009 12:27 AM in response to wunnspeed

HI,

Reset Safari

To reset Safari, choose Reset Safari from the Safari menu.

From here you can clear history, empty the cache, clear the downloads window, remove all cookies, remove all website icons, remove saved names and password, remove other AutoFill form text, clear Google searches, and close all Safari windows.

You can do these all at once, or one at a time to try to preserve items you want for convenience.

Try deleting this file. com.apple.Safari.RSS.plist

/Users/YourName/LIbrary/Preferences. Drag that file to the Trash, empty the Trash and restart your Mac.

Carolyn 🙂

Sep 2, 2009 10:30 PM in response to wunnspeed

I know people hate it when your reply to your own response. Sorry.

So, the report worked... kind of. This morning I rebooted my machine and the file seemed to have recreated itself and suddenly all my bookmarks were being opened again (I killed Safari and re-deleted the file). It then worked as per before.

Hmmm. Ideas? Does anyone know if this behaviour is going to continue? I was just getting used to Safari being a pretty good browser again.

Oct 5, 2009 6:00 AM in response to seba.bat

I was having a similar issue.. Safari opened all the tabs from my bookmarks bar... Turns out I told it to... Under preferences, "New Windows Open With: Tabs for Bookmarks Bar"... I guess that was the problem, because it seems to be better now that I set it to Same page.

Safari opens all my bookmarks in Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.