Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Not Syncing after Snow Leopard Update

I apologize if a similar question has already been answered; my search didn't find anything useful. We upgraded to Snow Leopard a few days ago, and now neither the original iPhone nor the iPhone 3G S will sync. Photos, Notes, Calendars, & Contacts will sync, but then we get the error: "The iPhone cannot be synced. An unknown error has occurred (-50)." Suggestions, please?

Mac, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 4:40 AM

11 replies

Sep 5, 2009 11:13 AM in response to cecep

I have a similar problem - after upgrade to Snow Leopard (onto different disk, with copy of user data), iTunes no longer even recognizes that the iPhone is plugged in! When I reboot back to 10.5, it IS recognized and syncs / backups properly.
Any suggestions? I'm guessing there's a setting somewhere which tells the iPhone/iTunes which computer is "home"?

Sep 8, 2009 3:03 AM in response to BGTEDMAN

BGTEDMAN wrote:
Also have the same problem...the phone backs up but then disappears from itunes devices....strangely, the phone itself says "syncing," and remains there forever? I have rebooted, resetted, installed itunes AGAIN- no change. Not happy about it either...

Exactly the same symptoms for me, just sticks on 'sync in progress' and drops out of itunes.. It works ok if i remove all the mobile me settings and just sync to the computer only.

I've never been happy with mobile me, just erratic behaviour for no real reason since its conception.

Sometimes it syncs a little further and i get the 'unknown error -39', can anyone shed some light on that?

Sep 8, 2009 3:19 AM in response to black6

OK i fixed my problem doing this:

1. Go to iphone, Photos tab in itunes
2. un-check sync photos
3. apply the sync to iphone and it should delete all your photos on the iphone
4. deleted my camera roll on the iphone (not sure if you have to do this or not but email your camera roll to yourself if your not sure)
5. sync photos back from from itunes

Now my phone syncs every time.. thanks to "Damon M" from another thread.

Sep 20, 2009 9:42 PM in response to cecep

I installed iTunes 9 over iTunes again but still I am not able to sync iPhone with iTunes. As soon as I connect iPhone to my MacBook the wheel starts spinning and nothing happens. In activity monitor it shows that iTunes (Not Responding). This problem started after snow leopard install.

Please help or guide me to a thread that might help. It's really frustrating.

Alok

iPhone Not Syncing after Snow Leopard Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.