Previous 1 2 Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2010 5:22 AM by bu11etpr00f
BradPDX Level 1 (70 points)
We have 4 Macs in our house - a late 2006 iMac and 3 early 2009 MacBooks. All are loaded with SL at present. I am using a typical home network with Airport Extreme which works fine. I enable File Sharing on all Macs so that files can be browsed and shared between machines.

On one MacBook, the SL upgrade appears to have broken AFP File Sharing. When any other Mac tries to connect to it via the Finder, the connection fails after several minutes.

If I add SMB file sharing, that works. Likewise Screen Sharing works as well - and thus other network services are functional on this MacBook.

The MacBook appears to "advertise" that AFP is available - if I run iStumbler from any other Mac, it "sees" the AFP and SMB services via Bonjour, and of course the MacBook is visible in the "Shared" section of the Finder sidebar on the other Macs. It's just that the AFP dead ends on this one machine.

I have tried restarting File Sharing, fixing permissions, restarting the whole machine - but the results never vary. Suggestions?

iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6)
Previous 1 2 Next