Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BLU Ray support???????

Im using FCP 6

I'M trying to create a disc image using the chapters created in DVD Sp but it doesnt look like there's much support for BLU Ray??
I have an LG BLU RAY drive (external on usb) i want to use the chapters exactly the same as on the standard def DVD. DVDSP says not a blank disc when i try to burn blu ray from there so my thinking was create a disc image then burn it in toast. Simple?? is this to much to ask??

If FCP does'nt support blu ray then why bother putting 1080 res and all this.
Im a DVD production/duplication company that wants to be ahead of the competition... or at least try....

i have rendered the footage and burnt it in toast but only the bare film not with lush titles n chapters as i would like.

If any body has any ideas i would love to hear them. It doesnt look like the newer version of fcp supports it either?? DVDSP is still version 4( same as i have)

its driving me mad

Thanks
Steve.

MAC BOOK PRO 17IN 09, Mac OS X (10.6), 4 GIG RAM

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 12:48 PM

31 replies

Sep 4, 2009 2:49 AM in response to Eric Pautsch1

Sorry, but plenty of options? Can you point us to them? I know about

1) FCS3 Compressor - Blue-Ray burning with simple menu
2) Toast 9 - Blue Ray burning with simple menu
3) Adobe Encore

What about BD playing? Only option I know about is Toast 9 player, which doesn't work well, but maybe things changed with Snow Leopard...
What about HDAudio and DTS-HD support for 7.1 sound?

Sep 4, 2009 3:49 AM in response to PetrKotora

4. tsMuxer (free)
5. Do Studio works perfect on bootcamp.

Considering thats 5 of roughly 8 options available I'd say thats plenty.
What about "HDAudio" and DTS-HD 7.1 support?

Buy a PC if you want to play your discs on a computer...or possibly a Blu Ray player? 🙂 Its unbelievable that people (especailly business people) are so attached to Apple, that they are willing to forego billable work. Apple makes the best editing and dvd authoring software in the world. If it didn't, I wouldn't own an Apple. Apple doesn't supply good BD authoring software...case closed...spend $700 on a PC and make your customers happy!!!

Message was edited by: Eric Pautsch1

Sep 4, 2009 4:38 AM in response to Eric Pautsch1

Eric, you wrote: There are plenty of options to do BD on a Mac

The point is that there aren't. There is no one pro Blue-Ray authoring software for MacOS. Do Studio on Bootcamp? OK, I know it works perfect, and it is naturally no problem to buy Windows and run it. Why should we than bother with Mac and the whole apple-slow-progress thing and not make our business on Windows?
I really would like to have pro Blue-Ray application for MacOS, and a good BD player too. Apple is as often sleeping and ignoring technological progress. When I was working with Windows, I didn't need to have MacOS installed, but now I'm on Mac and I'm forced to install Win to be able to do everything I need...

Sep 4, 2009 7:35 AM in response to PetrKotora

The reasons why Apple has no "professional" blu ray authoring tool have been stated over and over again on this forum for well over a year now - please do a search.

Move to whatever tool works for you - obviously Apple is not what you need. Have fun editing and authoring with those Adobe products!! Ha!! Have you tried Do Studio? Why would you need Apple to provide a BD authoring tool?
Unbelievable!!

Apple is a business. They dont make money on the FCP suite. They sell hardware and iPhones.

All joking aside, I still don't get why folks cant accept the tools and work flows that best suits the situation and the needs of their clients!!!

BLU Ray support???????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.