Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kodak Zi8

iMovie doesn't seem to recognize the Kodak Zi8 camera. Anyone have any idea how best to get iMovie to recognize the Kodak Zi8 and import the videos?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 1:39 PM

18 replies

Oct 31, 2009 5:35 PM in response to PTH14

Hi, I just got a zi8 and connected it to my mac book pro via the built-in usb. Both imovie and final cut express 4 can import the video from the zi8. Use File/Import/Files and you should see your zi8 in the list of devices. If you don't, try pressing the on/off button on the zi8 and then it should show up. So please don't bother converting anything with other software first, it's nice a simple and works easily. Cheers.

Dec 6, 2009 8:38 AM in response to Gadir

I second the Confirmed.

Just got a Zi8. I use the internal USB and connect it to my MBP. Two mounts are established in Finder: "no name" (the SD card, which doesn't have a name) and "arcsoft sw" the internal software for Windows only (??).

In iMovie, go to File - Import Movies, and select the name of your SD card mount (for me, it's "no name"). Then, drill down into the DCIM folder and find the .MOV files, and begin importing.

Kodak Zi8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.