Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No camera recog. on NEW G.5 with Studio

WE just received 3 new G5s and installed FCP Studio on all of them. None of them will recognize a camera to capture video. When I go to the A/V settings, I get the (missing) NTSC Firewire on the video option. I've tried many different settings- everything the book says and none work. We also installed Studio on the G5s and G4s we have been using (they had FCP 4 or FCP HD on them) They worked fine and as normal. This is for a high school production program, so I'm kinda stuck until I can fix the problem.

Posted on Oct 11, 2005 2:18 PM

2 replies

Oct 11, 2005 2:22 PM in response to Jackie Simmonds

Jackie,

welcome to the forum.

This is a very common issue. Try reinstalling quicktime. for additional reference, see the very first post on the main page of the FCP forum (Bob Sidebothem - connection problems ....)

good luck.

x

p.s. You will do yourself a big favor if you get in the habit of SEARCHING first. (You would have found a wealth of posts about this subject, for example)

No camera recog. on NEW G.5 with Studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.